Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1SL Assists With A Careers Enquiry From A Potential Recruit

soleil

War Hero
1sl.jpg

From the RN FB page.

A very sweet photo. Apparently the little boy's t-shirt has the word "Captain" printed on it.

Actually, 1SL is asking the lad where he got his rig from so that he can propose it as the "Sailor 2020" AWD. The modern look for the modern Navy.

Writing the Rank in plain English on the "T Shirt" does away with all that tirersome ring/anchor/crown counting for the observationally challenged.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Excellent photo.

Caption comp?

(Forget the references to the scruffy bugger with his hand in his pocket, already done to death on FB)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
OK, me first.

"Wow, so you are the First Sea Lord, Big Cheese, Head Honcho, Royal Navy? Do you really know Ninja Stoker ?"

Excellent photo.

Caption comp?

(Forget the references to the scruffy bugger with his hand in his pocket, already done to death on FB)

If this were Lil's "Would you like a Werthers?" could be a starter.

I don't do FB but I had already clocked that the WREN O was giving scruffkins a good Wow-Wow-ing of the "...and other thing blah blah.." kind.

Merlin28

War Hero
If I apply now I will be starting raleigh by the time I am 16.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Sharkey

Banned
So your mum met him in the imps about 6 years ago and he said his name was George Zambellas and he was in the Navy

Chaz

MIA
"Do you think that by the time I join up when I'm 16 those new big carriers will be at sea with aeroplanes on them?"

finknottle

Banned
Excellent photo.

Caption comp?

On zooming in and enhancing I was more drawn to the state of his shoes, the man is an utter disgrace, sign of the times I suspect.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil FB: NAVYFit - Squash - 1SL v The Chief Of The Australian Navy Sports and Adventure Training 1
Ageing_Gracefully New 1SL Current Affairs 23
soleil Pompey News: "1SL Warns That The Royal Navy Faces Losing Its Credibility" The Fleet 5
soleil TwoSix TV - April 2013 - 1SL - Message The Fleet 0
soleil Western Morning News: "Dartmouth BRNC Cadets' Lesson In Leadership From 1SL" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil Royal Navy Website: Christmas Message From 1SL The Fleet 0
Naval_Gazer 8-year-old asks former 1SL "What is the Navy?" Current Affairs 35
soleil Mail: Commander John Muxworthy On HMS Invincible & 1SL's Recent Briefing The Fleet 3
soleil MoD: "1SL Signs Naval Pact With Brazil" Current Affairs 20
soleil FT: 1SL Attacks Nimrod Cuts Submariners 15
soleil "1SL Visits 40 Commando in Afghanistan" The Corps 11
2_deck_dash When Guns is 1SL Diamond Lil's 75
soleil Herald: "No plans for change at Devonport, says 1SL" Bases / Shore Est 0
shag_shacker 1sl Sports and Adventure Training 5
soleil Defence: The Maritime Contribution - 1SL's speech in full Current Affairs 9
soleil D.Mgmt: Interview with 1SL: "The next generation Navy" Current Affairs 3
soleil 24th February 2010: 1SL to deliver key address to IISS Current Affairs 2
soleil "Defence in a Changed World" 1SL's speech today transcript Current Affairs 1
soleil 1SL defends Navy and insists Britain must keep 'hard power' Current Affairs 16
B 1SL The Quarterdeck 20
C 1SL Interview on Andrew Marr Breakfast Programme Current Affairs 10
A 1SL 2SL CinC Fleet The Gash Barge 14
U 1Sl 2Sl and CinC Fleet The Gash Barge 18
I Official dinners 1SL and 2 SL The Gash Barge 15
OSLO Question for 1SL (and CDS, CGS, CAS, for that matter) Current Affairs 2
PartTimer 1SL on R4 Current Affairs 8
MoD_RSS GAD assists development of UK spaceflight industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RAF Chinook assists Derbyshire Police at Toddbrook Reservoir MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMS Gloucester assists British Antarctic Survey Current Affairs 0
I Naval Careers Portal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
P Careers Discussion Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
MoD_RSS National Careers Service Virtual Jobs Fair returns on June 8 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 1000 jobs promoted to local job seekers at National Careers Service virtual jobs fair MoD News 0
BFRS123 National Employment Online Careers Fair - April 2020 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 2
BFRS National Employment & Careers Fair @ Catterick - 23rd April 2020 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS ESFA’s National Careers Service head awarded in New Year’s Honours MoD News 0
Skylarker RFA or RN Careers Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS The National Careers Service course directory is changing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £20 million funding to help 10,000 young people into NHS careers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New qualifications to help teachers progress their careers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: It's showtime! Helping pupils set off on the road to STEM careers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Education Secretary announces £2.5m boost to Careers Hubs in 20 areas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Launching the VOA careers site MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New online apps launched to transform careers advice for students MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New funding to support young women into maritime careers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Top Employers to help all primary schools offer careers education to pupils MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Youngsters learn about careers on offer in growing Earth Observation sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Minister praises work of organisations helping veterans into new careers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Dstl scientists inspire more women to choose STEM careers MoD News 0
J My Careers advisor hasn’t been in contact? Joining the Royal Navy 6