1mile time

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by navy_newbie, Dec 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Haven't run in ages and I am going to start fitness training tomorrow for when I eventually get to my PJFT

I no I have to achieve 1.5 miles in 12minutes 20seconds

To be on track for 12mins 20seconds what what I need to be hitting the 1mile mark at

Thanks for any help

2. Just go quick as you can.

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Twelve divided by three equals four.

Four times two equals eight.

But to be fair you want to be aiming under 12 mins 20 secs to make sure you get in on time.

4. About 8min 10 sec miles

5. yeah, was just wondering what time I should be getting the 1mile done by...

Its not really that important to most people, but its nice to no because it would help me with my training

6. 7 minutes.

7. nope, but I took the army one and passed that so should have no problems with the navy one

Yeah sorry just me being a spaz I guess

8. You're welcome to this chopper lads and ladesses :roll:

9. Navy is the most interesting out of the 3 I think, something about boats that fascinate me I guess.
    and I didn't mean to offend by saying I passed the Army one, just meant that if I could pass the army mental test then there is no reason to fail the Navy one..

I don't see why one would be any harder then the other that's what I am getting at :)

10. Also worth noting that it's far more productive for you to be running longer than or at least equal to the required distance, in terms of preparation for the test. Depending on how soon it is, I'd advise training to get fitter, rather than specifically for the PJFT.

11. I have not run in along time so i just want to train to pass it at minimum standard then once I can do that I shall train even harder to better it and pass it more comfortably :)

12. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

Do one kock.

13. http://42.195km.net/e/treadsim/
    copy and paste this on to you search engine, not only does it have a treadmill calculator it also has jogging and swimming, someone gave me this from on RR, Ive found it really usefull
    Ive got my PJFT on jan 4th
    good luck buddy

14. let me be the first to say that they are known as ships.

15. Not if he's talking about Subs aka boats

16. the minimum for a guys 2.4km/1.5m is 11m13s. not sure if that's relevant but thought id mention it

17. PJFT, the minimum is 12:20.

18. sorry does pjft mean pre joining fitness test? The time needed day one at Basic is 11.13, surely he should aim for that???

19. Yeah it is that W4L. Everyone joining has to conduct a pre joining fitness test. The minimum time is slightly different compared to when you're already in time. Don't forget the age difference times vary also.