Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1970's Rolex Military issue Submariner 660ft 200m

I served a s a Dusty in the 70s, and I can't say I ever saw one of those as a stores item, I remember Pilot's watches though.
Even then, they would only have been issued on loan - you know what pusser is about accounting for everything ..!!

giggle said:
Aruba! 60 quid?

Tell me more :p

There's an up and coming market for fakes /copies at the moment and they are almost undetectable from the real thing. You even get the box etc etc.

The 1970 Rolex was issued to ships Diving team stores . It was a standard submariner type and I don't think it had the day date function . The s/s strap was removed and it was used with the Naval stores Nato wrist watch strap - grey coloured nylon with the two loops -un breakable supposedly.
Never used for diving-- they were too expensive!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G 1970's Rolex Military issue Submariner 660ft 200m The Corps 0
D Looking for a 1970's Navy issue Rolex Submariner Submariners 0
D Looking for a 1970's Navy issue Rolex Submariner History 0
L Hms Raleigh 1970 Bases / Shore Est 5
Pingerson 1970's FAA Aircrew Arctic Survival Training Film The Fleet Air Arm 1
wet_blobby 42 Cdo med trip 1970 The Corps 3
AAF IOW festival 1970. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
stan_the_man Corporal Punishment in Schools 1970 style Diamond Lil's 26
M PLEASE HELP - SINGAPORE 1970 History 11
Andy_Cap 6th April 1970 Diamond Lil's 4
D Help...1970's television prog. Submariners 14
Chockheads_WM The Tot - R.I.P. 31st July 1970 History 44
P Where were you on July 31 1970 The Quarterdeck 110
R094V1-George Ark Royal (R09) 1970 Collision The Quarterdeck 31
A A 1935 prediction of the ship of 1970... History 2
Seaweed A Very Interesting Rolex History 6
wet_blobby Help needed, Rolex Milsub for sale. Charity 12
J navy watches; rolex Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
wet_blobby Rolex, Oyster Perpetual "submariners" Military issue for sal The Corps 34
D WANTED OLD ISSUE DIVE WATCH (ROLEX) Submariners 3
MoD_RSS UK Automotive looks to ex-military personnel to upskill industry on brink of electrification MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK sanctions Myanmar military generals for serious human rights violations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS BuildForce: shaping military skills for a career in construction MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 350 additional military personnel deployed in Scottish Covid response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Additional 81 military personnel deploy to Scotland to support COVID vaccination roll-out MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Myanmar military coup: Minister Adams’ statement, 2 February 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Right on Time: £800k for military logistics innovation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Myanmar Ambassador summoned in response to military coup and unlawful imprisonment of civilians MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary hails support for military families MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £3m to fund new wave of Artificial Intelligence for the military MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Year Honours and Awards: Military MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Military Division of the New Year Honours 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dstl scientists and military advisers receive New Year’s Honours MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Military to support the testing of thousands of secondary school and college students in England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ‘Good progress’ made in tackling unacceptable behaviour in the military MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM to announce largest military investment in 30 years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid and military support sent to Cental America in wake of Hurricane Eta MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Military Wives Choir and the 100 year journey of the Unknown Warrior MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and France able to deploy a 10,000 strong joint military force in response to shared threats MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Personalised career support for hundreds of military spouses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Military division of the Queen's Birthday Honours List 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Nagorno-Karabakh: UK and Canada joint statement in response to continued military clashes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Amazon launches new Military Talent Pool MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ongoing military action along the line of contact in the Nagorno-Karabakh region: UK statement MoD News 0
C Military Terminology The Quarterdeck 20
MoD_RSS UK military dog to receive PDSA Dickin Medal after tackling Al Qaeda insurgents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mali: UK statement on military coup MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Paraguayans graduate from Royal Military Academy Sandhurst MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK defence teams up with world leading UK space company to secure next generation of military communications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Watch the world’s biggest military air show online MoD News 0