1970's Rolex Military issue Submariner 660ft 200m

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by giggle, Jul 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone help me with my search for a 1970's British Military issue Rolex Submariner wristwatch? They were used by RN and RM, SBS and some special units.

I am a Rolex collector and will pay a good price for one in any condition working or not.

Click for picture below.

pmail me.

Thank you
  2. e bay ???
  3. I served a s a Dusty in the 70s, and I can't say I ever saw one of those as a stores item, I remember Pilot's watches though.
    Even then, they would only have been issued on loan - you know what pusser is about accounting for everything ..!!
  4. Got a lovley one from a nice chap in Aruba last month. Only cost me 60 quid!
  5. Aruba! 60 quid?

Tell me more :p
  6. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

7. There's an up and coming market for fakes /copies at the moment and they are almost undetectable from the real thing. You even get the box etc etc.

The 1970 Rolex was issued to ships Diving team stores . It was a standard submariner type and I don't think it had the day date function . The s/s strap was removed and it was used with the Naval stores Nato wrist watch strap - grey coloured nylon with the two loops -un breakable supposedly.
    Never used for diving-- they were too expensive!!
  8. Did it go 'ping!' when it went beneath the drink? Just so you could detect it...