Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Hi,
so basically when I was about 12 (I’m 16 now) I self harmed once and regretted it straight after and would never do it again, no one knows about it so it isnt on my medical records. I’m wondering what I should do because I could lie but I would be afraid of being found out, but also if I tell the truth no one else knows including my mum and I don’t want my mum to find out because it’s over now and I don’t want it being brought up again. I’m booking in soon to get a tattoo at the location of my scars but I just need some advice as to what to do in my medical. I’ve always wanted to be In the navy and I’d hate a one time mistake to get in the way of it.
thank you
We all know now!!! Training staff and maybe even the odd recruiter visit these pages.
I'm wondering if Ruth and 2003 are significant!!! Can you see where I'm going? Your less anonymous than you were!!!!
Good luck and I do hope you manage to keep it under wraps for your futures sake! (Wether RN or family).

I think it is a matter for you and your conscience.
Life in the services can sometimes be very stressful especially in the early days before you've established any relationships with others. If you are happy you can now cope without resorting to self harm go for it.
The only thing likely to draw attention to your unhappy episode are the scars.I have no idea where they are and how obvious but they may not be an issue. The only real way to find out is to proceed with your application and see where it takes you.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Latest Threads