17th February start date

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by OptiMystic, Jan 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey Guys! Finally got a start date of the 17th of Feb - anyone else here also joining on this date?

If so, how are you doing with all the fitness prep now? I'm all good with everything except the swimming - I'm still a really poor swimmer :(. Ah well, march on.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Congratulations OptiMystic

Top tip- get off the computer & get to the swimming baths as much as you can before you join. If you fail the RN Swimming Test you'll be in the pool each evening improving your swimming ability whilst eveeryone ele is getting their kit ready for the following day. You'll be at least an hour or two behind the rest of your class playing catch-up. Train now rather than leave it until it's too late.

Good Luck
  3. Oh, please don't misunderstand - I'm not leaving it til the last minute at all, I just don't naturally take to swimming. I'll keep at it alright, don't like being bad at anything hehe. Am only on these forums whilst at work anyway hehe, will be 'swimming' again this evening.
  4. hey ill be at raliegh the same time i cant wait to go where u from

im from ashford, kent
  5. 17th for me too. What are you two going in as? I'm going for AET.
  6. yh im aet as well ill c u at sultan after
  7. I'm going in as WS, looking forward to it! I'm from Melksham, near Bath.