Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

148 Battery Commando

I'm going to meet drafty soon.

I want pinged to 148 Battery (currently a CT) my DO recommended it.

What I know from my career is if you go to drafty and know what you want to do and how you are going to do it. Drafty can (usually) be your friend.

Does anyone know where I can get information on 148 Battery (such as the 10 day aptitude test) and possibly how getting drafted there works.

Thanks

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Call me old fashioned, but if you are currently a CT, with the amount of time and cash Pusser has invested in you to date, I can't see there being a happy ending to this.

If you have language skills and they need them, possibly an attachment to a RM unit, to 'test the water' so to speak.

Otherwise, you'll have to leave, apply, be accepted and join the RM / RA, pass out and volunteer from there.

But what do I know!

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
Have you had a look on the defence intranet and searched through the DINS? There is usually the info in there.

I read that. I'm just wanting to know how applying for it would work.
Is it something you need drafty to do or is it something you need to volunteer for through them.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Volunteer I would say, I can't imagine a situation where drafty would send some unfit fat knacker off to do AACC, would you?

redmonkey

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
Find the relevant DIN and it is all laid out in there.
No being able to access the Intranet at the moment I cannot help further although I believe you will need to be recommended

Drakey

War Hero
RN ratings who serve at 148 Battery are volunteers. There were no CT's when I was there as there was no need for them and can't see why there would be need now. Once volunteered your draft was normally for 5 years with no chance of career progression while there.

Dii is dead..
Ahhh you'd think that, however some bases haven't upgraded yet. Yeah you guessed it, HMS Collingwood hasn't made the change.
So it goes like this.
If you have a DII account and are at a modnet base you can't get access.
If you have a modnet account and are at a DII base it still works.
So obviously pusser in all "it's" wisdom still hands out DII accounts at HMS Collingwood and probably some other bases too.

brianhrfc

Midshipman
Ahhh you'd think that, however some bases haven't upgraded yet. Yeah you guessed it, HMS Collingwood hasn't made the change.
So it goes like this.
If you have a DII account and are at a modnet base you can't get access.
If you have a modnet account and are at a DII base it still works.
So obviously pusser in all "it's" wisdom still hands out DII accounts at HMS Collingwood and probably some other bases too.
Randomly came across this thread. I left collingwood in 2018, not long after modnet came into play across the whole base.......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rum_pot Joining 148 Battery UPO 11
W 148 Opportunities UPO/Careers Office 3
D can seaman specilsts's do SF jobs like 148 SBS ect Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
MoD_RSS Developing new battery technologies: apply for business funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Battery storage boost to power greener electricity grid MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Greater Manchester to house to world's largest liquid air battery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Diamonds could be forever in nuclear-powered battery project MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Take charge of battery safety when using e-cigarettes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Investment in quantum as researchers use sensing to see inside electric car battery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Welsh projects given the green light to develop the latest battery technology for electric vehicles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Green light for investment in electric car battery development MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Beyond Battery Power: Demonstration Day MoD News 0
Tui Bird Submarine Battery tank sumps ? Submariners 14
MoD_RSS News story: Video overview of our synthetic biology and beyond battery power competitions MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: CDE themed competition webinar: beyond battery power MoD News 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Project Engineer - Battery Prototypes - Austria The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Shakey 9V battery Blue Jokes 0
sgtpepperband Pompey News: "Historic Battery to be used as diving museum" Bases / Shore Est 1
Rai999 Permanently medically unfit ( Royal marine commando Joining the Royal Navy 4
B Can I wear athletic tape during Royal Marine Commando training ? Joining the Royal Navy 7
E The Commando Helicopter Force Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
soleil FB: Green Dagger - A Film By 40 Commando Royal Marines The Corps 0
soleil Plymouth Live: "Watch Royal Marines Lead Commando Group Go Wild In The Jungle" The Corps 3
S All Arms Commando Course, Writer Branch Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
M Royal Navy Commando Dinner Social & Reunions 4
Z FAA COMMANDO CREWMAN HELP... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
M Wearing commando flashes. The Quarterdeck 36
A 40 Commando RM / Welsh Guards ..For the record..... The Corps 16
soleil RMC Scotland: Royal Marines Commando Dinner - Glasgow - 13 June 2018 The Corps 5
B X Commando Social & Reunions 5
R commando to officer Joining the Royal Navy 3
C Commando helicopter force The Fleet Air Arm 9
Hanzzimmer Royal Navy Commando? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
P What happened when Superman took on the Commando Challenge Current Affairs 0
C Commando Helicopter Force The Fleet Air Arm 49
redmonkey My life with Commando Helicopter Force Diamond Lil's 11
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces Minister visits 40 Commando Royal Marines MoD News 0
D All arms commando course. UPO/Careers Office 105
dapperdunn The Commando who refused to die Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 4
R Commando helicopter force The Corps 3
R 3 Commando Brigade help The Corps 9
Blake29 Commando Helicopter Force The Fleet Air Arm 14
S Commando Training School The Corps 80
A Royal Marines Commando School The Corps 11
Seaweed 48(RM) Commando The Corps 1
matt93 Commando Reurn to the front line Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
dapperdunn Commando: Return to the front line Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
soleil Commando Aviation Heritage Dinner In Aid Of The FNHT - 23rd June 2014 The Fleet Air Arm 0
H some thing about Royal Navy Commando The Gash Barge 83
Ageing_Gracefully Book Competition FALKLANDS COMMANDO by Hugh McManners Competitions 17