12 month wait to join as a WESM

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Matt-WESM, Jun 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WOW.

I have just been told to expect a wait of around 12 months to join as a WESM.

Anybody know if this is correct?

2. Depends who told you. If the guy in the pub told you, it's probably bollocks; if your AFCO told you, I'd say it's more than likely to be correct.

3. My AFCO told me when i booked my RT.

4. If your AFCO told you then its likely to be pretty accurate!

But there still all the testing to do in that time - and the RNAC - and prep fitness wise so 12 months for a job you want isnt really that much of a wait.

5. Well Matt-WESMinabouttwelve months, I would think that's correct.

6. Just got my date for Raleigh - joining as a WESM, 29th November, I started the process back in October last year. So he's probably about right.
    I did have a 3 month delay for medical assesment though.

7. Im happy to wait.
    I was just rather shocked by the time scale....

I've revised so much for the RT my heads going to explode. doing loads of maths / english / mechanics psychometric test to a stop watch....

im getting an average score of 90%..... does anyone know if this is a high enough score for the real RT for this role... They wont tell me in the recruitment office.

8. If the AFCO won't tell you, then people on here aren't likely to know :?

Though I do know (from reading on here :lol: ) that AET requires the highest score out of all the engineering trades, and that the score needed is ~67%

9. And you didn't believe them. WHY?

10. As he said he Thought, and hasn't been working in the office very long.

I thought always best to check.