10p boost in fag tax, 1p on pint

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by brazenhussy, Mar 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As I said elsewhere.....run away, while you still can!!

We're all doomed.......

2. The Currant Bun is generally very prone to over-dramatisiation (and reporting 'exclusives' one to two days after everyone else).

But what the question should be is, once this mob have taxed (overtaxed??) cars and drink and tobacco out of existence where will they get their money from?

Anybody got any ideas ? ......

:neutral:

3. Apologies for the choice of paper - :oops: :oops: :oops:

too many big words in the others!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

4. No problemo, I read it myself on occasions, even past Page 3!!

:smile:

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

they'll be sending people into our homes next to see what else they can sting us for............Oh, silly me they've already thought of that one :oops:

6. wet_blobby

perhaps they'll build a satalite with taxpayers money and spy on us incase we make some home improvements..........oh bugger, they've thought of that as well.....

7. big bro is watching us -- ooer :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil:

8. wet_blobby

I know, I know, perhaps they will give the docters and Nurses a below inflation Pay rise and award themselves a 60% one?...have they done this yet?

9. Not yet, but you can bet your last dollar that they will sneak it through - I mean, if we 'want the best we have to pay for them' ....... (their words not mine !!! )
    :mad:

10. Or taxing our pensions more. Oh sorry, I forgot; Brown started raiding pension funds in his first budget starting at £5 billion per year and has now reaped over £100 billion. It's just as well that UK pension funds have managed to remain so healthy despite all this!?! And so much for encouraging people to put something by for their retirement so they won't be such a burden on society.

Still, as long as any proceeds are invested in 'education, education, education'. But who abolished student grants and imposed tuition fees and student loans? Two of my kids have started working life with debts of around £15k but they have now been encouraged to think there is nothing wrong with living on tick. When I paid for my own part-time degree course before leaving the service, I received tax relief for vocational training the first year but Brown had abolished this by my third year.

11. The Labour Party is the peoples party, well it was. I can remember when the Lp was against privatisation, nuclear weapons all for the Welfare State and the NHS. But now :!: :!: :!: :!: :sad: They are against funding the Armed Services as they were when they were the opposition. They are cutting everything except their salaries and expenses :sad:

I am glad I don't smoke but I am partial to a glass or two. I will have to give up my 4x4 which will be a blow as I need it as I live on Dartmoor :sad:

I can't afford to move due to my age. I am too old to go to New Zealand as I wanted to 30 years ago. So what is the use, it is no good voting for the other parties they are just as bad.
    I think we should start the RR Party. :razz: What say you :grin:

12. But you all need to remember exactly where all these extra taxes go - they are much needed funds and are expertly utilised to ensure we have an enriched life and that the Armed Forces, Education, NHS & Emergency Services are funded to the correct level to carry out what is expected of them.

So in other words, MPs and will get another 60% pay rise and a tax free donation to their pensions. The Overseas aid budget will increase to help pay all those hard working migrants to come here, the Armed Forces will see their budget slashed so they become little more then the adult equivalent of the Scouts/Guides, NHS will be sold off to the lowest bidder as will Education because schools are a waste of prime development land and why do we need the emergency services anymore as crime is so low, no body is ever ill enough to require ambulances and the fire service are no longer needed as due to the on going hose pipe ban their is no water to fight fires with.

13. I'm thinking of forming a party called "None Of Those Other Freeloading Twats".

A landslide victory for the NOTOFT party?