100 years of women in the Armed Services

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
WRNS didn't qualify for the daily issue Tot. Although I was always pleased to buy them a few, especially the new entry ladies in the Mercury bar, Submarine cap tally was a great ice breaker (no Dolphins in those days.)

WRNS didn't qualify for the daily issue Tot. Although I was always pleased to buy them a few, especially the new entry ladies in the Mercury bar, Submarine cap tally was a great ice breaker (no Dolphins in those days.)
Dolphins AND Tots for these icebreakers in 2014.

May 2014<<...Three women have qualified to be the first to serve on Royal Navy submarines in 113 years.

Lieutenants Maxine Stiles, Alex Olsson and Penny Thackray have earned their dolphins badges, opening the door to join Britain’s fleet of Vanguard-class submarines.

They will join male submariners under the waves for up to three months at a time to maintain the country’s nuclear deterrent...>>

http://nosint.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/women-qualify-to-join-submarines-for.html?spref=pi

Previously...

clonmel

Lantern Swinger
Dolphins AND Tots for these icebreakers in 2014.

May 2014<<...Three women have qualified to be the first to serve on Royal Navy submarines in 113 years.

Lieutenants Maxine Stiles, Alex Olsson and Penny Thackray have earned their dolphins badges, opening the door to join Britain’s fleet of Vanguard-class submarines.

They will join male submariners under the waves for up to three months at a time to maintain the country’s nuclear deterrent...>>

http://nosint.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/women-qualify-to-join-submarines-for.html?spref=pi

Previously...
A steel tube hundreds of feet below the waves is as good a place as any for that pack of grunters.

Jesus H Christ.

WRNS were incorporated in about 1991 IIRC so they didn't get the tot.
With reference to another thread....
The idea of this is the RN officer types aren't expecting you to chop them one off when marching around naval establishments wearing the PCS. Although this isn't always the case as a recent 3 ringer female officer showed in Raleigh. She tore a strip of an App Dk who had the audacity to just say morning ma'am and not salute! Poor lad had never been shown how to and why should he have been!!!!
....WRNS officers were not required to be saluted either.

I was serving at SHAPE when the wrens had to rebadge, there was a fair bit of whaling and gnashing of teeth I can tell you. Mostly from none seagoing types feeling the last of their identity had been destroyed

Latest Threads