10 working days

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by 306dturbo, Jan 14, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

Just submitted my ET(MESM) application last Friday, at the end it says you will be contacted 'in 10 working days'

Forgive me if it is a daft question but does that mean the next steps will be told to me on the 10th day or whether it means within 10 days?

Also if I am not successful in getting to the recruitment test stage will I be notified or will I just not be contacted further?

2. I didn't think it was possible to not make it to the RT. Also stop worrying about waiting times, get it in your head from the start that you'll be waiting indefinitely through a lot of the process with no real clue what's going on. Don't try to over analyse it and if it gets to two weeks and you haven't heard ring your AFCO. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You'll be contacted within 10 working days. It's not long after Christmas leave so don't be too worried if you don't get a reply in that exact time frame.

If you don't pass the interviews etc you'll be sent a letter expaining the outcome. You'll also be told if and when you can re-apply.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. You pretty much submit the application form then you will probably get invited to a formal chat which is what are you looking for and then if all green you arrange for the RT which tbh isn't that bad but depending on the branch can determine the length or wait however the wait times vary and change all the time due to people dropping out
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It means if you don't hear owt by 27th January, call the contracted call centre 03456 07 55 55 to enquire what's happening.

If eligible, your AFCO will email you an appointment to sit the recruiting test. Most communications are now by email so before ringing to enquire, check your junk/spam folder as it will be an unknown email address initially. You will be advised on the day if you pass or fail the test and be advised of the way ahead.