1 week to go.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by builderbambi, Feb 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well after 3 and a half years of waiting 7 pjfts, 3 security forms, and two rnac/prnc's, the wait is finally down to 1 week before I start my training, just a quick thanks to the forum and the people who are a part of it, thanks to the ca's who answer the same question time and time again, and thanks to the regulars who have provided many hours of amusing reading material, any last bit of advice would be welcome, cheers again!
  2. Keep ones own Counsel:sleepy2:
  3. Dont' be first, don't be last and never volunteer.
  4. Wash yourself, your kit and don't piss the bed.
  5. Good luck, I've been told it should be no longer than July for me, fingers crossed :D
  6. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Is that frowned upon in the Navy or do they not issue those lovely plastic mattresses?
  7. JUST - HAVE - FUN! Keep your head down, eat/sleep when you can and don't let the bastards grind you down. EVERY class is the worst class the instructors have put through basics!
  8. They used to but they were withdrawn after a deluge of complaints, you see after you had thrown one off in your pit at sea there was a tendency for you to slide out and if you were a top bunker, well need I say more.
  9. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

That's a fair comment. At least they were withdrawn for a reason then.
  10. good luck mate! i'll see you in 4 weeks
  11. Finished work today, now to see if everything fits into my bag, coat hangers seem to be the bastard at the mo! Mother decided she wanted to get me an iron, she has no sense of humour but has picked me out the brightest pink iron on the market, also couldn't find a manly looking nail brush, so a pink one with quite a camp handle it is!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Tell Mum the iron and nail brush in PINK will do just fine. No one will nick them!!! Lol
  13. Good luck BB, keep us updated on the training, if you can!

14. Don't bother packing a tracksuit, you will never wear it.
  15. A good quality heavy iron will last you well - those light weight cheap ones are a waste of time....
    Nothing but Kiwi Parade Gloss black polish and some cotton wool for the shoes/boots.
  16. I found Kiwi Black Polish for day to day and then Parade Gloss for divisions worked well.
  17. fishface

fishface Badgeman Book Reviewer

Trust a scouse to have theft advice :D
  18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Do what your training team advises when it comes to bulling boots, trust me there's heaps of easier and quicker ways of doing it but do what they say, same goes for ironing, dhobi, packing your locker etc. it's a game mate, play it, keep your head down, crack it out and get into the real Navy.

Good luck, remember there's no such thing as a bad pub, a gash **** or an ugly woman. They all satisfy a need.
  19. Managed to get a green nail brush, result! Got train tickets yesterday, bag is all packed just missing a pressing cloth and that's it, well today will be spent with my 1 year old son and chilling out.
  20. Good Luck - and remember, don't "gob off" until you're qualified (to actually do something)!