Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Chicogiz, Oct 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1.5 miler 9:28. happy days! Run twice this year and its a piece of cake. Practice? if you cant do 1.5 miler in the required time you are clearly welchy. Since i last joined my motivation has gone up like nothing else, in my mind its no such thing as failing i look at the time and think keep going, walkings cheating. Im also lucky with my job i stay fit naturally and im more fit then ever!

Welchys advice!

Get your mate to drive his scrap pick up van around with your fridge on the back, im sure you will get slim. Just a thought?
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  2. Chillax Chico. I can't work out whether you are happy or just angry.
  3. How much more wait have you got Chico?
  4. I wouldn't call 9:28 smashing it, I'd call that pretty average.
  6. Smashing it compared to welchys record of 45mins and 48 secs!
  7. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I know a middle aged, bald, fat bloke who is much faster........ and he only started training about 2 months ago.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

10. I still only manage 10:20. But then again I am a fully paid up member of the screws drinkin club.
  11. My CO can run faster than that & he's only been in half a century
  12. No he hasn't.
  13. That would make him about 70 then, I'd like to see that!
  14. Not wishing to piss on your parade as a pass is a pass but i'm 39 and can run that distance faster although i'm doing Hellrunner in November and will no doubt be blowing out my hoop on that one due to injuries!!

Well done by the way
  15. Just wasted effort anything under 11:13!
  16. Fair one there!

17. I did the hell up north a while back, was a good day out. Good luck to you.
  18. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Not sure why you are expecting congratulations on putting one leg in front of the other at a fairly average pace for many people.
  19. Not expecting anything! Its just my fastest time ive ever done and im happy with that. Simples.

Alexander The Meerkat - Simples - YouTube
  20. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

"Not expecting anything! Its just my fastest time ive ever done and im happy with that. Simples."

I'm happy with the fact that I had a fantastic dump this morning, I didnt feel the need to share that with the whole of the internet though!