1.5miler time

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by smithy12, Oct 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ive just been up to the rnac and banged out my 1.5 miler in 9.50, i was told i must beat this time at raleigh , is this correct, i just thought you had to beat the 12.30 / 11.13 time?

cheers

2. i think the way it works is they want you to pass the minimum (11.13) in your first test and then when you start your training, match it or beat your time. it shows your commitment and that you haven't just sat back and done nothing...or something like that

3. You dont have to pass it but it shows you have worked hard before joining to beat it.

4. i had 11:59 in my PJFT and now training to beat that. Is this right ot do i have a time trial at raleigh?

5. You'll need to do it in 11:13 at Raleigh, so get training! :)

6. Good advice young man, people on here should tune in to yourself and the Sentashi show.

As a matter of interest are you on any other sites?

My only wish is to learn.

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

8. I don't understand, is this a joke?

9. You'll need to do it in 11:13 at Raleigh, so get training! Smile

My apologies. are you at Raleigh?

10. Is that Rhetorical?

Im just stating fact. Seems you have a sub up your ass this evening Hig, relax mate. :)

11. SO are you at Raleigh?

12. I think the answer you're looking for is No, Hig. How does this change what time someone has to achieve on the 2.6km run within the first month at Raleigh?

Because im such a nice sod, i'll answer it for you matey. I makes absolutely no difference at all so deal with it.

:D

13. ARSE!

Ass, butt, fanny. They're all wrong!!!!

Dude.

14. I get confused, why is that people who have never been in the RN know all the fukcing answers? Don`t make yourself look a bigger ********, let it go.

15. Ah whatever Hig, throughout my entire application process my brother whos an AET and my step brother whos in 42 have been giving me advice and supported me, and answering any questions i might have. So just grow up and deal with it, why on earth do i need to already be in the RN to know whats expected of me? That doesn't logically even make sense does it? Surely knowing whats expected, what the process etc is, and what the requirements are BEFORE you undertake them is a plus?

Thats like turning up to the Olympics and not knowing what time you've got to beat, what distance you have to throw. Christ dude lol.

16. An analogy of sorts:

Would a lecturer appreciate a student giving advice over and above that of him/herself?

I don't think so.

To know what is required of you is commendable, but you are not in a position to advise others.

One thing you may learn is that gobby sprogs are not appreciated.

So wind it in sunshine.

17. I have an Uncle who`s Daughters Niece has a brother in Law that has a cousin who once ran a chipshop in Bolton, but i don`t know fukc all about deep fat fryers.

18. The clue's in the name hig, fryers for frying stuff in deep fat. Even you should be able to work that one out i think.

I appreciate that some of your comments, and your statement regarding all the threads is somewhat appropriate as of late, but you seriously need to relax and consider that not everyone is a cnut.

:)

19. appreciate that some of your comments, and your statement regarding all the threads is somewhat appropriate as of late, but you seriously need to relax and consider that not everyone is a cnut.

That is so very true, but sadly it doesn`t apply to yourself.

20. *raises glass to hig*