Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1/350th plastic model of HMS/M Vanguard

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Want to meet down the local parks pond for a game of "cold war op's". I have a pair of Oscar & Whiskey submarine's, we can play war games.

gentlesoul

Midshipman
Mr GS has something very similar to that given to him when he left, the only difference is that his is on a wood plaque thing with bent sticking up bits. Must have a look for the made in China stamp. :roll:

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
BillyNoMates said:
witsend said:
Want to meet down the local parks pond for a game of "cold war op's". I have a pair of Oscar & Whiskey submarine's, we can play war games.

:p My model submarine's better than your model submarine. :p

Me and me mate "Kowalski" will get a firing solution on you lot
quicker than you can sharpen your f***ing chinagraphs!!

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1980793/USSSeaview.jpg.html

,,,,,but my S/M is'nt manned by muppets! :wink:

BillyNoMates said:
Okay then - I'll use my other boat - The Cardboard Bomber.
I used to have two - but I lost the other one in a pond in
Scarborough.....wasn't very watertight and failed it's first
deep dive (to one and a half feet). Grand-kids were a bit
hacked off as they both had to batter their way through
the pressure hull to get out.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/1980867/CardboardBomber.jpg.html

Of course,when I was on the Turtle...........

Joe_Crow

War Hero
witsend said:
Joe_Crow said:
A pint tothe first person to spot the mistake in the artist's impression.

Loads Joe, but its amazing what a paint job does!
I'm not talking about minor details which only a real spotter would see,I'm referring to a major conceptual fundamental error.

Joe_Crow said:

Hi JC

Got to careful with 'spot the difference' as the Official Secrets Act springs to mind; Bingham etc....But:

Black Picture - Screw/Cavitating, I would accept that artistic license was needed to indicate some movement.
Rudder perspective appears wrong. Configuration of sticks raised at Launch. Launch Depth? - don't even go there.

Middle Grey Picture - Rocket half out of #15 Tube is not as plumb as Coulport prefer.

Bow Caps? only 4 'tubes these days? F'ends must be like a Ball-room!

Models? Unsniffable glue, so include me out.

A Pint you say? Yes please, of Pussers Rum, NO ICE though

Bob

Joe_Crow

War Hero
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp said:
Joe_Crow said:

Hi JC

Got to careful with 'spot the difference' as the Official Secrets Act springs to mind; Bingham etc....But:

Black Picture - Screw/Cavitating, I would accept that artistic license was needed to indicate some movement...
You're halfway there.

Polycell

War Hero
350 feet = 1 foot or 350Metres = 1 metre JD. A Trident is about 149.9 Metres long take it from there matey
(OK answer is 0.4285 metrs long)
Bleeding hell my Type VIIc at 68 inches long would outdo that!!

Bawsack

Lantern Swinger
Masts up whilst deep?

Please dont say its that as A certain CMEM and I managed that in '07 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: UK marks 350th UK deterrent patrol MoD News 1
Ninja_Stoker Happy 350th Corps Birthday The Corps 6
MoD_RSS Portsmouth communities work together to tackle plastic pollution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Start of ban on plastic straws, stirrers and cotton buds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS War on plastic waste stepped up with extension of plastic bag charge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plastic carrier bag sales slashed by more than 95% since 5p charge introduced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Designing ways to reduce plastic waste: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Combatting marine plastic polution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Legislation to ban plastic straws, stirrers and cotton buds enters Parliament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Developing sustainable plastic packaging: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plastic found on Suffolk beach used to decorate Christmas tree MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Malaysia join hands in tackling plastic pollution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Young leaders around the world to join the fight against plastic pollution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plastic bag sales down 90% since introduction of 5p charge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Work underway to remove tonnes of plastic from West Cumbrian river MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Fund opens to reduce waste from plastic packaging and textiles MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Gove takes action to ban plastic straws, stirrers, and cotton buds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Penny Mordaunt doubles support for plastic recycling MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Penny Mordaunt doubles support for plastic recycling MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Schools challenged to go single-use plastic free by 2022 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Plastic carrier bags: Gove sets out new measures to extend charge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Food scraps could be turned into environmentally friendly plastic packaging MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: FCO reaches major milestone in plastic elimination campaign MoD News 0
1 Cleaning Pusser's White Plastic Cap Cover The Quarterdeck 26
soleil Pompey News: "Recollections Of Club’s Sticky Carpet And Its Plastic Tree" Bases / Shore Est 1
2_deck_dash Generic plastic tubs or something similar. The Gash Barge 34
soleil Navy News: "Illustrious is fantastic in plastic" The Fleet 2
trelawney126 Plastic Surgery now Redundant? Current Affairs 0
BillyNoMates "Britains got Talent"(ed) Plastic Surgeons Diamond Lil's 1
P How to go about cleaning Caps, Plastic? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
MoD_RSS Government publishes updated GB-EU Border Operating Model MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Future Accommodation Model: one year on MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Priti Patel approves new Taser model to protect officers and the public MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Highways England traffic officers prove a real role 'model' for 10-year-old Toby MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government publishes new Border Operating Model MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Third Future Accommodation Model (FAM) pilot takes off in RAF Wittering MoD News 0
MoD_RSS London model ship builder helps chart the course of Qatar’s history MoD News 0
Stirlin Rod Stewart.......model man. Hobbies & The Great Indoors 2
MoD_RSS Hackney Council’s approach to moving to a cloud-first model from the PSN MoD News 0
MoD_RSS West Coast marks new partnership model for rail MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Justice Secretary announces new model for probation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Grayling and Burnham hail Greater Manchester tram network as model for new opportunities MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully Realism in model making Hobbies & The Great Indoors 11
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Ark Royal model started in 1992 is ready The Fleet Air Arm 10
Stirlin Ark Royal Model The Fleet Air Arm 2
ShipModeler Type 23 model Hobbies & The Great Indoors 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary to announce new £1bn support model for Royal Navy MoD News 0
PotentialCT Model Queen Elizabeth Hobbies & The Great Indoors 6
skyvet HMS/M Alliance model Submariners 6
MoD_RSS News story: A new pay model for the Armed Forces MoD News 0