0870 Telephone numbers.

0845 0844 etc are the same as well - I know they are at local rates but both my home phone and mobile packages give me free phone calls to 01 02 & 07 numbers. It really pisses me off I have to pay on top of this.

Just in case you didnt know, many companies who provide the phone answering software and packages (ie if you require this dept press 1) provide the equpiment free of charge if you take a 0845 0870 etc number as they get the revenue from the incoming calls !!

No surprise more and more companies and government authorities use them is it !!

I think the numbers are changing soon, if you use a number that charges it will be changing to 0900 or something very similar shortly so that may help with the confusion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
slim Which? says 0870 costs a fortune Diamond Lil's 0
slim 0870 and 0845 phonecalls Current Affairs 0
A Saving money instead of using 0870 numbers... Social & Reunions 2
MoD_RSS Civil news: tender opportunities for telephone legal advice MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: CWA codes updated after telephone gateway’s removal MoD News 0
C Voice Powered telephone. Help. Bloody Computers 26
N Telephone Interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Civil news: mandatory telephone gateway phased out MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The redundancy payment services (RPS) telephone helpline is temporarily closed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: police station telephone advice tender is now open MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: police station telephone advice tender launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK's iconic first red public telephone box listed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterinary Medicine Directorate telephone lines are down MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil news: housing and debt telephone advice services tender MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: face-to-face and telephone advice service tenders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: VMD web and telephone services will be unavailable from 06:00 to 14:00 18 May MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: tender for immigration telephone advice services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: VMD web and telephone services will be unavailable from 01:00, 19 January to 08:00, 21 January MoD News 0
jannerpig88 Underwater Telephone Submariners 41
sgtpepperband New Telephone Scam The Quarterdeck 6
Permissionopenmuzzledoor MOD telephone operator directory The Gash Barge 4
geoffrey MoD Telephone Operators The Fleet 16
ex_wasp_L2 0807 telephone numbers Diamond Lil's 6
MoD_RSS Record numbers offered flu vaccine as those with flu and COVID-19 more likely to die MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Our phone numbers are changing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Study finds very low numbers of COVID-19 outbreaks in schools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS nurse numbers continue rising with 13,840 more than last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS nurse numbers continue to rise with 13,502 more than last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Nurse numbers increase by 8,570 in the past year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plans to remove funding for courses with low student numbers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK jobs market booms with record numbers in work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Housing Minister hails first time buyer numbers - now at 12 year high MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MMR vaccination call following high numbers of cases MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Study to look at barbel and chub numbers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Emergency review of salmon numbers to protect stocks in the Severn estuary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: MMR vaccination call following high numbers of measles cases MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Preventing amputations major concern as diabetes numbers rise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Plans to boost international student numbers and income MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New national strategy unveiled to boost teacher numbers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Safety in numbers, SLATE Crowd Monitoring and Alerts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK trade and investment in 2018: behind the numbers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Companies House in numbers MoD News 0
A BFPO NUMBERS ETC FOR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ETC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
MoD_RSS News story: Record numbers learning instruments in class thanks to music hubs MoD News 0
soleil Lockheed Martin: "F-35 By The Numbers" The Fleet Air Arm 1
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary expands Army reserve numbers in Northern Ireland MoD News 0
P WW2 Service numbers Submariners 5
D *** Service Numbers The Quarterdeck 1
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Submarine Names & Numbers Submariners 0
M Raleigh - intake numbers Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3