“SIFT Interview”

MJ171717

Midshipman
Hi all,

I’ve already been through the Officer Application process once,I have my SIFT Interview again next Monday,however I have been reading that since my last application effort that the SIFT Interview has changed and is now called “Career Discussion”.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the difference is and what questions are asked at this stage?

I’ve sent an email to my AFCO asking the same but as it’s the weekend I’m not expecting a reply until tomorrow,just wanted to try get an idea as soon as I can do I can prepare accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

awerton22

Hi all,

I’ve already been through the Officer Application process once,I have my SIFT Interview again next Monday,however I have been reading that since my last application effort that the SIFT Interview has changed and is now called “Career Discussion”.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the difference is and what questions are asked at this stage?

I’ve sent an email to my AFCO asking the same but as it’s the weekend I’m not expecting a reply until tomorrow,just wanted to try get an idea as soon as I can do I can prepare accordingly.

Thanks in advance.
Did you find out the differences between the sift and the careers discussion as I have mine next week?

MJ171717

Midshipman
Did you find out the differences between the sift and the careers discussion as I have mine next week?
Basically follows the same structure:
  • Yourself,your experiences,your strengths and weaknesses
  • Why the Navy
  • Why you’re chosen branch/role,and what the training entails for that role
  • Knowledge of the Navy,what they do and where as well as their policies (Drugs/Tattoos/Alcohol)
  • Values and standards
I believe it’s been renamed career discussion as you’re supposed to be provided with a bit more of a feedback on your application process and your progress.

Good Luck

awerton22

Basically follows the same structure:
  • Yourself,your experiences,your strengths and weaknesses
  • Why the Navy
  • Why you’re chosen branch/role,and what the training entails for that role
  • Knowledge of the Navy,what they do and where as well as their policies (Drugs/Tattoos/Alcohol)
  • Values and standards
I believe it’s been renamed career discussion as you’re supposed to be provided with a bit more of a feedback on your application process and your progress.

Good Luck
Ah okay, cheers mate thank you for the clarification.

Latest Threads