£100,000 a year simple sailor?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by barrackstanchion, Nov 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In addition to his handsome Admirals pension and his £200 a day plus expenses for merely signing on at the house of Lords and then disappearing The Noble Lord receives a further £100,000 plus expenses for being our Security Guru. A simple sailor? I don't think so. A very clever one if you ask me ..Useless-But clever

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Bargain.

I wouldn't say he was handsome though. Rugged maybe.

Do ugly Admirals get paid less?

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Fair play, If I could fcuk the Govt over I would too, beats it going to chavs.

Does the Navy do ugly Admirals? I thought they all had to sauve and handsome.

4. He certainly isn't handsome My wife thinks he's very sweet . but that is a little attribute to have been an Admiral and now our Defender against all odds.
    I have to say he does appear rather cuddly.

5. Hell, I got over £30 a day just for getting drunk and avoiding cleaning the shitters.

Put in for it on your next draft chit Norman. Although I think he has to empty the gash bins before secure each night - so maybe not as cushy as it looks.

6. By heck that's clever!

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Ahh, correct my last, I've just remembered two that are connected to that big house in London with the flag on top of it...... :oops:

8. Have you taken your medication?

9. I've only ever seen one handsome sailor. FACT.

10. Your either partially sighted or only been in a dog watch!

11. Truth be told I don't get to see that many sailors. Point me in the direction of a hottie? All the young officers I know are balding, up their own arse buck-toothed-a-go-go rarrs.

Felix Carmen, in a league of his own.

12. Sara,

Don't despair... there were some good looking ones on Bulwark the other day. However I thought the ruffy-tuffy ratings were more fetching. I even found some very attractive female matelots, who I must admit, I spent rather more time chatting to. The lasses seem to have a more extensive vocabulary and conservational ability than their male counterparts, or maybe Bulwark's female matelots are just super-intelligent...

thingy

13. The keyword!

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ahem....Allow me to introduce myself.

15. I have a full head of hair, went to state school, and haven't been captured by the Iranians!

16. That's cos I am now a civvy :)

17. Yes but you and I are part of a rare breed of young officers who are that good/ sexy that the RN wouldn't be able to cope with us @ BRNC. I think that is why our joining letters are taking sooooo long to come through.

18. A civvy with the face of sailor no doubt...