£37k - Value for (our) Money?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BreathingOutOnTheWayUp, Nov 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. John Bercow unveils his £37,000 portrait and coat of arms complete with ladder, rainbow and pink triangles - Telegraph

<<...John Bercow has unveiled his official coat of arms, dominated by a ladder to represent his climb to the top and a rainbow and pink triangles to mark his support for homosexual issues....

...The Speaker of the House of Commons also revealed his new official portrait by British artist Brendan Kelly, depicting him rising from his Speaker's chair and motioning towards the Government benches...>>

This might be CA but these pictures beg Free Gangway for a 'Caption Competition'.
  2. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"Using your skill and judgement, place an X on the picture where you think the over inflated fatuous cock is...."
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  3. "For crying out loud, Sally! Put your clothes back on! The photographer went home ages ago!"
  4. 'Yes, Prime Minister, I know it looks like snakes 'n ladders but there wasn't enough room on the shield for an Uckers Board.'
  5. "I know the power of the Speaker has diminished of late but I rather feel that the inclusion of castration equipment and detached sliced balls is going a bit far"
  6. All in it together.
  7. [​IMG]

Is it me or does the portrait of John Bercow bear more than a passing resemblance to Yoda?
  8. He's a tw4t and she would get it

Next ...
  9. Inasmuch as one 'acts a part' whilst the other attempts to 'part the acts'.

(Their shared challenge of verticality also springs to mind.)
  10. What a self opiniated prick he is, a true oxygen thief !!
  11. He is a twat, and she`s had it.
    Plenty of it.
    From most of Westminster village apparently, Labour, Tory, Press....

It`ll be a good man that`ll touch the sides.
  12. [​IMG]

That sultry wife of his has been breaking his fingers in the bedroom again...
  13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"I'm sorry? You mean this isn't Hogwarts?
  14. It looks like he's about to take a dump on the seat.
  15. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I thought that. Look, he's got the paper ready and everything.
  16. [​IMG]

'...and another unforeseen consequence of all these cuts, Mr. Chancellor,
    is that this poor runner on my left is not half the man he used to be!'
  17. I'm "good" :)
  18. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaker John Bercow coat of arms: The vulgar truth about family crests | Mail Online

<<...today’s heralds must surely smile to themselves as they draw up coats of arms for the show-offs and showbiz personalities, the shady businesspeople and vainglorious politicians who today apply for the honour.

But the heralds are too polite to let their amusement show, and what they made of Bercow’s desire for a shield which was decorated with balls, we shall never know...>>
  19. ================================================

Thread Title Amendment No.1.

Delete "£37k", Insert "£44k". The reasons for this amendment are stated below.

<<...When John Bercow unveiled his £37,000 official portrait complete with his personal coat of arms earlier this week he was roundly mocked for wasting taxpayers’ money...

...But yesterday he faced further embarrassment after admitting that the coat of arms cost even more.

One extra bill of £5,400 was for the patent and design of the coat of arms by the College of Arms,

while an additional charge of £1,600 was for “preparation of the panelled area for the coat of arms to be displayed”, a spokesman for the Speaker said.

The “error” arose because the extra costs “came from other budgets”.

John Bercow's coat of arms cost more than we thought - Telegraph

From an impeccable source it is understood that the artist has made a buckshee offer to re-paint the Speaker's cheeks with a distinct blush of embarassment but Mr. Bercow has yet to reply.
  20. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

It's great, print lots and lots of them.

Could be the new animated version of a figure 11.