British Sloops and Frigates. (of the second World War)  Author Les Brown.

British Sloops and Frigates. (of the second World War) Author Les Brown.

Rating
Although aimed at Ship Modellers I believe that this book would be of enjoyed by anyone with an interest in Ships generally and Royal Naval Ships in particular.

Very clearly laid out with some very nice photographs of the various classes of ships covered. The photographs cover the development of the various of ships through the course of the war, showing very clearly how the layout varied in gun configuration or improvements such as gunnery control systems.

The middle section of the book contains various adverts for model kits and the like. There are also some pictures of both Kit Models and those made from scratch. I was particularly impressed with those of HMS Amethyst, of Yangtze fame, during the Korean War. Remarkable detail.
51yGmbZRBSL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
The book is one of a series of 27 (to date) covering different ships, of different classes, mostly of WW1 vintage, although the Riverine Class of the Vietnam Wars us also catered for.
I enjoyed the book and would recommend it, particularly to those Model makers amongst you.

Author
janner
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from janner