What's new
terryfryez

If one of the questions involves listing your flaws, try to still make them into positive characteristics. A good example of this may be: “I work too hard, to the point that I almost exhaust myself,” or “I’m overly passionate about projects when I get into them.” These sorts of “flaws” imply that you’re a good worker, and they sound a whole lot better than “I’m lazy and I don’t bathe.” You have to figure out which parts of the truth you want to reveal, and lacking hygiene is not one of them.

If you are filling out an application online, try to ask for help professional seevice, for instance, this one https://resumebros.com/cover-letter/, you should be able to just submit it then and there. If you are working on a paper application, you will need to take it to the place you want to work. Try to turn it in directly with the manager if you can because that will give him or her a face to put with the application. The more of a connection you can make at that time, the better. When employers go through piles of applications in a week, it is easy for them to lose sight of yours. Handing the app in personally will prevent that from happening.

Side Note: If you fill out an application online, you can always call in to make sure the business received it. This gives you a chance to make a personal connection without actually being in the office. I sometimes pull the “my internet kept messing up” excuse so I have a legit reason for checking in on the application. You can steal it from me if you want. I’ll allow it.

If you don’t hear back from an employer right away, you might want to call in to check on the status of your application. This will essentially light a fire under the manager’s ass to look over your application. You don’t want to pester the employer about it, but you also don’t want to let the application go unnoticed. Try to wait two to three days in between calls to see if you get a call back. If you wait a full week and don’t hear anything, you may want to go in and speak to someone in person. As long as you seem eager to work without being demanding, you should get the attention you need to score an interview.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Freelance Life
Added by
terryfryez
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata