The hard working Marines on HMS Fearless...

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by wet_blobby, Feb 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby Moderator

We knew what a hard days work was...

SANY0783.jpg SANY0788.jpg

2. What else is one supposed to do when in a taxi? :slow:

3. I might be in that top picture :):). When was it taken? I remember loads of sun bathing on there when I served on her between 92 and 95

4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby Moderator

SANY0801.jpg The piccys were probably taken in 92 so Drew, you may well be in it :) Remember the band? They could belt out a cracking rendition of "Mustang Sally"

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband Moderator Book Reviewer

Crikey! They had colour photography when you were in the Corps, Blobs?! :shock:

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby Moderator

Cheeky ******.. :)

7. Yes I remember the band!! Had a cracking draft on there but the best part was the Windies trip, island hoping for weeks, it was great

8. By crikey is that C/Sgt 'Dinger' Bell in the red wig and dress?
    He always did cut a fine figure of a woman.:slow:

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby Moderator

SANY0785.jpg Island hopping....Hehe, leaving Coopers bar, BVI's after a hard days soldiering. :)

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby Moderator

Taxi home... SANY0795.jpg

11. A bit of a related aside.... As a kid living in Gib I spent every day from mid May to mid Sep on the beach. Aged about 7 I was busy playing when an LCVP rounded the headland and 'down ramped' at the far awns of the beach. Obviously every child on the beach legged it up there to find approx 10 bootnecks sat on a ridiculous number of crates of beer, chewing the fat and steadily working their way through the contents of said crates.

Being kids we naturally didn't pause to ask but walked up the ramp; there must have been about 40 of us. Without warning the ramp was raised and we taken for a trip the length of the beach and back outside the buoys. Kids were sat on the sides waving at their parents on one of whom batted an eyelid. Ah the days before 'elf & safety!

12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby Moderator

SANY0794.jpg The gateway to the love boat

13. Where were the last 2 phots taken wb?

14. I was on ex Tradewinds in 91 as a Lima Coy attached rank on board Fearless, good times. BVI, Aruba, Curaçao, Jamaica, Antigua, Azores....... Think we managed about three weeks 'work' during the two month tour....

15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby Moderator

So you're one of the bastards who booked all the big bikes in jamaica leaving us poor sods to hire out little red scooters :)

Timex, I haven't got a clue mate, one bit of oggin looks remarkably similar to the next.

17. first pic on page 1 - pussers issue reboks in the foreground - cracking bit of kit - compar
    ed to pussers pumps that is - taxi...........

18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby Moderator

The silver shadows (?) Bugger to scrub and whiten though.. :)

Aruba.... good run and awesome cocktails

19. Aruba was good, better than Curaçao. Montego Bay was the best R&R though....
    21 years ago, **** I'm getting old.

20. wet_blobby

wet_blobby Moderator

Curaceo had a state owned whore village where all the women went that couldn't pay their taxes so it wasn't all bad

Here's the beach you stormed on Tortola Island BVI, I was one of the first ashore being in the ABU Recce, we marked the beach out for you fellas, the powers that be decided we'd all get killed doing that job so as soon as you yomped off to play soldiers I thought seeing as I'm dead I might as well turn it into a little bit of heaven. SANY0796.jpg