RBS Six Nations 2013

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by soleil, Jan 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Like everyone else, I expect England to come out all guns firing after beating the all blacks, but we travel to Dublin where we have not done well of late and France are playing well. I think England to win, by a narrow margin, and no grand slam.

2. Yep. Sounds like a good call. Joe Launchberry man of the tournament.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm calling France 6 nations win no grandslam followed by England then my beloved Wales,Ireland, Scotland then Italy

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. England Grand Slam
    France
    Ireland
    Wales
    Italy
    Scotland (sorry)

5. See Wasps last night?

6. tiddlyoggy

Only caught the last 10 when we were hanging on and I thought we were gonna blow it. I wish they wouldn't put games on on school nights, I tend to forget.:confused5: Heard Billy V got injured, how sad for the Saffasons.
    Tommo, brave call putting Wales above Ireland given their current form.

7. Aye it is, however we've had poor autumn games but pull out decent 6 nations afterwards including surprising Grandslams in the past. So I'm going on that basis.

Every turn of the shaft is a new adventure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby Moderator

8th Feb.... Highlanders V Crusaders pre season game. Up to 25 current and former All Blacks playing and it's jut $20 a ticket
    ..... I predict NZB and myself are going to get very, very drunk and it'll end badly... :)

France will win 6 nations followed by:
    England
    Wales
    Italy
    Ireland
    Scotland

9. Since my countrymen are useless for everything but drinking Buckfast by the gallon, i say France

10. tiddlyoggy

I think putting Ireland below Italy means you're already drunk!

11. England
    France
    Ireland
    Wales
    Italy
    Scotland

England looked good in the Autumn Internationals after beating the All Blacks. But
    my beloved Wales have far too many injuries to retain the trophy after being whitewashed in autumn.

12. tiddlyoggy

Without their English/Bawbag coach I don't think they'll fare too well.

13. tiddlyoggy

PS, If that is the order in which you like your 6N brethren, aren't you a little wrong in putting Ireland so low down, after all the Scottii are an Irish tribe who displaced the Picts in Scotland.

14. Fingers crossed England (its cursed now I have said it) will win it, by the sounds of it my money is on NZB and Wet Blobby for the Grand Slam......

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I think I can confidently predict that Scotland will successfully retain the trophy they won last year! :crying:

If England live on their thrashing of a weakened AB team then they are in for a huge shock. Still, they do have form for believing their own publiityXD

16. tiddlyoggy

Good post for both paragraphs. However, England have moved on lots since the "Grand Slam 90" t shirts. Scotland haven't.

17. England top but no grand slam, hopefully Mike Brown will get a start at full back

18. tiddlyoggy

Can't see him pushing Foden out, but I agree, I'd like him to get a chance.
    What baffles me most is Strettles selection. 1 try in 2 years is it? I know it doesn't exactly help playing at boring Sorrysons, but????? Varndell's omission is a howler IMO.

19. With regard to rugby in general, there is a good programme coming up on Radio 4 this evening, called "Rugby's Greatest Try":

BBC Radio 4 - Archive on 4, Rugby's Greatest Try

I heard the trail for the programme on the Today programme this morning.

To hear it, cursor to 1:45 in the Today programme here - you can hear the scorer of the try talking about it and the noise from the crowd in the background - spellbinding:

BBC iPlayer Console - Today: 19/01/2013