psychometric tests

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by SWIFTY, Oct 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have got my psychometric test for AET on the 1st November, can anyone give me some heads up on what will be in the test and some revision tips. I completed the booklet they gave me and got 2 wrong out of the whole booklet but ive heard the actual tests are harder? is this true?? Thanks
    =\\\\\\\')
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

3. Brush up on maths and mechanical reasoning, Google psychometric tests and prepare yourself as well as you can. I cant tell you what type of Q's you will be getting because...well because NS would deep fry my balls and serve em to royal.

If you done "ok" at school and prepare you will pass.

Good luck mate.
  4. Yeah well i did well at school but again im just trying to prepare myself for that type of question as you dont see that sort of thing in your GCSEs haha, and i tried to allow my self 20 sec per question on everything but the maths and mechanical, on that i allowed 30 sec per question. Thanks for your help!
  5. Your'll do fine.

Looking forward to the post announcing your success.
  6. Seriously it really not that hard, as long as you did the test booklet under time restrictions then should be fine. I had mine a few weeks ago and just did the practice booklet (got 1 wrong in it) and found the test really easy!

Remember if you don't know the answer make an educated guess which is what I did! Anyway good luck!
  7. Tomorrow!!! shitting it!
  8. Just tell the CA that you have no need to pass the test, as you can operate a spray bottle full of Lotox ( its a cleaning fluid) and a rag in a "wax on, wax off" fashion.

Make sure you pass because being a dabber looks shit!
  9. Haha! ill make sure i do ;)
  10. I Passed he said, with "well above" what i needed!!!
  11. Well done Swifty.
  12. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

BZ SWIFTY just the lone wait now
  13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband Moderator Book Reviewer

No, I'm sure there'll be others waiting as well... :oops:

(BZ also, Swifty.) :thumbup:
  14. Yeah he was speaking about the wait he said the lists moving the quickest it has been for a while, however I'm still looking at 12 months atm..
  15. I wish it was that quick, been waiting 21 months now and still nothing :(
  16. dunno then :S, what you joined as?
  17. Well done swifty. All the best for future paths..
  18. Same as you, AET

:D
  19. :-DDon't worry about how long it takes to jointhe RN in the branch that is Gods own, The Fleet Air Arm. We wafus are Gods chosen people and will inherit the uckers board.:-D
  20. dunno why he told me 12 months then haha