Mail: "Doctors Retrieve Bullet From War Hero Lodged Under His Skin For 40 Years"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Apr 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Ouch, fancy not noticing you were shot in the groin? Call me a wimp, but I reckon I'd have felt that one.

Anyone recognise the medals - L to R, can recognise the DSM & GSM, but what are the other two?

2. I have read it’s a commemorative one for Vietnam and an Order of St Johns, this is off the noisy neighbours and their Walt hunters. They are dubious of his claims.

3. The one on the far right is the US Vietnam Service medal, not sure about the other one.

4. Cap Badge? or RNA/ RN blazer badge?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Jeez, it's a colour photograph. What more proof do they need? :toothy3:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Why is this posted in the Corps?

7. Ninja_Stoker

Probably force of habit - most fantasists claim they were Royal Marines rather than Matelots.

8. If he's a walt, a bullet in the bollocks is going to extremes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. At last I got something right! :wink:

10. Mea Culpa.

I skim read the article earlier today, thought I could see a green lid, picked up on the word "Commando", reckoned the bullet in the groin story was unusual and selected it for the Corps forum.

Have to say that I took it at face value and didn't realise that there were aspects to the story which would cast doubt on it.

Happy to move it elsewhere if requested.

11. I'm not going to get a cockstand on about it, I just wondered why, Now I know thanks.

12. Ninja_Stoker

I've moved this to current affairs as it was in yesterdays paper & we can't have Royal claiming all the glory. :walk:

13. Thanks, Ninja! :icon_smile:

I see that the Sun and Express now have the story:

Bullet out 40 yrs on | The Sun |News

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Bullet found in war hero’s leg after 40 years

It started out here:

DARTMOUTH TODAY | NEWS | Surgeon finds Vietnam bullet in man finds Vietnam bullet in man’s leg

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  14. wet_blobby

wet_blobby Moderator

If that Bullet went in his leg let alone saw the action end of a rifle I've got a 8 inch penis, if our hero ever got to see some real Commando's It's Nine inches (safe on that one :) ) Seen abit of action it's a tenner, Vietnam it's 11. Cambodia it's a foot long. Infact, if anything that jug eared misguided fuckwit says about Commando forces, Vietnam, Working with US special forces etc says I'll wipe the smeg off my bellend whilst stooping down to tie my shoe laces my cock will be that long.

Two Matelot walts in one year, things are looking up boys.

15. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

16. wet_blobby

wet_blobby Moderator

Wiki's shit, he's not on it. :)

17. At the end of the day, someone, somewhere put a bullet into his leg. And that isn't a daily occurrence.

18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby Moderator

Nah, Someone, somewhere put a round that has never seen the speed of a speeding bullet somewhere near a walt and a journo.