Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Got my letter today!

AussieMedic

Midshipman
Got my provisional offer for medical technician today! I just wanted to say a massive thank you to all the people who helped me out on here over the last few months, the information provided was invaluable to say the least.
I'm so happy to be going back to sea as there's very little work offshore these days for medics, this last year working for the NHS has been utterly miserable!
For those who are going through the process right now (thinking 'FFS, how long will this take'?!!) this was my timeline:-

November 2015 - applied

June 2016 - sift

July 2016 - interview

August 2016 - provisional offer

January 2017 - start HMS Excellent

Right, I'd better get started on the paperwork then ................... :)

Last edited:
Well done and good luck.
Thanks mate! I know I've got a way to go yet with the SC and all the paperwork but I've got my ENG1, seaman's book and most of the vaccinations already. I had a quick check of my work rota and (if all goes according to plan!) I've only got 40 shifts to go, yes, I am sad I know lol!

Well done and good luck. Forgot to add Scab lifter?
Ha ha ha, scab lifter, classic!!! You've been hanging around Aussies haven't you?! No I'm not ex military just your bog standard paramedic with remote/offshore training!

Last edited:
Thanks mate! I know I've got a way to go yet with the SC and all the paperwork but I've got my ENG1, seaman's book and most of the vaccinations already. I had a quick check of my work rota and (if all goes according to plan!) I've only got 40 shifts to go, yes, I am sad I know lol!
You'll soon be telling us we are all overweight, shouldn't smoke and need to cut down on the drinking....

You'll soon be telling us we are all overweight, shouldn't smoke and need to cut down on the drinking....
We can have that discussion when I'm sitting next to you at the bar, downing a pint and telling you I really AM (honestly!) going to start going to the gym - next year.......
:)

Well 2 out of 3 isn't bad, now where are those cream cakes?
Actually I had a massive cherry Danish today for brekkie, it was lush. I hesitated for a second and thought hmmmm, BMI??? But then I just ignored it and carried on, no one needs that kind of negativity in their life!

Last edited:
Actually I had a massive cherry Danish today for brekkie, it was lush. I hesitated for a second and thought hmmmm, BMI??? But then I just ignored it and carried on, no one needs that kind of negativity in their life!
Explain that to the doc when you do your medical hahaha

Explain that to the doc when you do your medical hahaha
That really made me laugh ha ha ha!!!! My BMI is sitting at 27 atm, enough to get through ok but I still get a lecture. My current ENG1 has less than a year left on it so I think I'll have to get another one done for the RFA - sigh!

Latest Threads