Fitness Test - Running

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by DanBates, Aug 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all, I was just wondering if you have to run both tests one after the other. The first test being 2.5km in 11:30 minutes and the second I'm not too sure about. Any help would be much appreciated thanks!
  2. Which job are you applying for, Dan?
  3. Master At Arms wasn't it?
  4. Mine clearance diver.
  5. Dan

It's just the one run for you then; the two runs back to back PJFT is for Royal Marines.

Your PJFT is 2.4km within 10 min 30 secs.
  6. Okay cheers soleil :)
  7. Is it not a squad warm-up of 2.4km in 15 mins, followed by best effort for 2.4km?
  8. Spot on ATG. First 1.5 mile (or 2.4k in new money) is a run/walk (fartlek call it what you want) in under 15 minutes. Two minute rest then 10:30 for the next 1.5 miler. That should be a max though and not a target for a baby diver.
  9. Lol. That'll be a first.
  10. Is this not during basic training? Im just interest in the test before you go there. Anyways I've got my RT tomorrow morning so this could be irrelevant haha.
  11. so everyone does a 15 min 2.4km warm up then 2 min rest, then they do there proper fitness test? is everyone's times jotted down, or is it just simple case of gettin across the line before the time is up?

illuminati
  12. I asked about this, I was told that you only did the 1 run, although I would imagine there would be a warm-up, the Careers guy said they only timed the 1 run, the best effort one. Although, Divers have higher fitness standards than the branch I'm going for. My time is 11 mins 13, cos I will be under 18 when I do it
  13. Is it at the RNAC where you do the 2.4km warm up? I would've thought it would be about an 800m warm up for a 2.4km run? Or am i being silly here?
  14. when i was there we done the sit ups and press ups then ran over to were we do the 2.4km run and then done some warm up and strechers then done the run x
  15. Cool thanks hun :) Is it a running track? x
  16. are you going colling wood or caliedonia? x
  17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Have you lost the shift key on your keyboard?

By the way its Collingwood after a famous Admiral.

The other place is Caledonia:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  18. I'm going to HMS Collingwood x
  19. Sorry i did not read it before i pressed post lol
    and rah-rah we had to run round the parade ground and a bit of grass. You run rond it three and three quater times x
  20. At raleigh you will double (run) to the astro turf and get given a bib with a number on it. You will then do a warm up and stretches and you will then do your timed run.