Final interview how long?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jamieb, Jan 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Passed fitness test on monday just wondering how long it is normally till the interview? Also does anyone know when the start month of basic training will be i'v heard its july, how many do they normally do a year?
    many thanks
    jamie

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Selection Interviews normally last 45 minutes to an hour, they normally occur within 2-4 weeks of passing the PJFT.

The wait to join the service depends on the branch you wish to join, the number of people required & the number of people who have already passed selection. Entries for certain branches are limited to one a year, but there are people starting Initial Naval Training at HMS Raleigh throughout the year. at a rate averaging over 100 a month.

Some branches have a waiting time to join from as little as 10 months from passing the recruiting test to as much as 5 years.

3. With them giving an interview within 2-4 weeks after PJFT should that be a sign of getting a start date this year, would seem bit pointless them making poeple have medicals, PJFT and interviews if they will get a start date in 2-5 years time?

4. fishface

fishface Badgeman Book Reviewer

They did with me and I had a 28 month wait. :D

5. Ninja_Stoker

It may seem that way, but you'd be even more hacked-off if you waited 5 years & then failed the medical or were found unsuitable at interview.

If unsure of the expected waiting time relevant to you, just give your AFCO a ring - you may well have a start date sooner than anticipated, but only they can give definitive guidance.

Best of luck.

6. I sat my RT in April 2010, and did my fitness test, medical & interview all on the same day in May or June (can't remember which one). I have now done 2 fitness tests since applying and have another one at the end of the month. It depends on your afco, and also the wait times as ninja stated.

7. Fishface what did they say when you applied for the job you did they told me a year and half was yours any longer? also thanks for the replies lads really hope im not waiting a year like!!

8. thanks ninja understand that i will wait this week for a letter which up to this point have been within a week of completing everything so keep you posted of what I hear back
    thanks

9. fishface

I was told 18 months when I first applied. It went up by the time I'd finished the process.

10. feel bad for you soon be there worth the time waiting! I cant wait to just have that start date and get away start living!
    thanks fishface

11. fishface

No probs mate. What branch you going for?

12. I passed my rt in may 11 at this point I was told 24 months. I had interview in November. I then spoke again and they said the wait was 18 months. The first week in December I was called saying I'm going in September 12.

I appreciate reading the forums I am a lucky one but it's all dependant on what branch you are applying for. ET(ME) btw.

Stu

13. Ninja_Stoker

Entry dates do fluctuate - believe it or not 47% of those being allocated an entry date this year have turned down the offer.

Obviously the biggest contributing factor is the rather long wait to join, but other factors include finding alternative employment, changes in personal circumstances, criminal convictions, changes in medical status & a quarter failing to maintain or meet the fitness requirements.

14. fishface

I know what your saying. Two blokes i went in an rnac with back in nov 10 have turned their dates down. Madness

15. Gone for warfare spec did civil engineering at uni really didnt enjoy it always been navy bound so took the brance would be most enjoyed, what you doing mate?

16. Maybe i wont be long after you :-/ i passed my RT June 11 (ETME), just waiting for my medical to clear before i can carry on with the rest of the application process.

17. Think I waited about two weeks!

18. fishface

I've gone WS(SSM)

19. fishface

What branches are only ten months? I thought a wait that short had passed into Naval folklore :D

20. I have my final interview on the 6th of march, for weapons engineering. Been preparing all weekend, any tips on questions and answer? Cheers