Accommodation

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ps772, Jul 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does the Navy provide accommodation? If they do, what is it like?

2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Sadly they don't any more due to defence cuts. You are expected to find somewhere to stay through your basic training or you can pitch a tent on the sports field. I advise the first option, as you will be exempt personal kit inspections.

3. There is a hotel on the bases also with room service, it's ok it is a three star hotel and recommended in some hotel guides.

4. You can take your own bivvi :D

5. Could you expand on this please?

6. Blackrat

Sol. You really are the most patient, angelic and helpful person i know.

7. Blackrat
    Your RENTATENT business to new entries seems to be flourishing.
    Would you consider floating it on the stock market so that a few RR members could get a piece of the action.
    I would also be interesting in your RENTASLAPPER operation. :oops:

8. Honestly who are these people?

9. Blackrat

Happy to oblige old chap.

Male, female or ladyboy?

10. Can't stop laughing long enough to make a sensible (or otherwise) comment... :lol:

11. I'm undecided, best you send one of each :p

12. Blackrat

Sorted.

I like a man with a plan. :thumbleft:

13. Do we get to decorate our own rooms? I saw some awesome wallpaper in B&Q a few years ago... Also, if I am expected to share my room, do you think I'd be able to bring a plug-in Glade air freshener? I mean, guys are cool and all, but they/we do smell a bit sometimes. especially after a day of rolling in the mud.

In basic training, I am planning on bringing my mum to iron my things and clean up. Can I arrange one of those RENTATENTS for her? I'm thinking about pitching it in the carpark so preferably one that doesn't need pegs.

One more thing, what are the views like from our bedroom windows? Good I hope. Currently my window is opposite a brick wall, so anything better than that is an improvement.

14. Views are extra, it's called added value, for instance a view of the ladies showers is an extra £50 a week for males and £60 a week for lezzers.

A room near to the bar always commands a premium as does one nearer the main gate.

If your mum is fit then she may well be accommodated with the Chief GI

15. My Mum IS fit. Very fit. I hope the Chief GI makes an honest woman out of her... And perhaps helps with my clothes washing/cleaning duties. I'm not lazy, it's just I have very little time.

16. You my friend are some kind of mong after the post you made yesterday.

17. So, are you saying WE DON'T get to decorate our own rooms?

18. I think he's saying your some kind of hypocrite